Friday, February 3, 2023

A Logical Mind in an Illogical World

I didn’t yell at anyone, didn’t make anyone feel bad. I know that someone, somewhere, at some point in time, had a perfectly good reason for making the rule…. 

I went to our pharmacy to pick up the printouts of our prescription expenditures from 2022 for our tax return. (Let me note that I walked the 1+ miles at 20°F to accomplish this task.) At the pharmacy desk I was informed that while they had the reports ready for both of us, I couldn’t get Carolyn’s, it had to be given to her in person.

Never mind that I can pick up her prescriptions without her being there, but not the report of having picked up those prescriptions. I do this without showing ID except to verify our street address. Incidentally, I was not asked to show ID to pick up my report, nor was she upon our return trip. Why not? Maybe because the pharmacy staff knows us. But wait, if they know us…. 

Navigating an illogical word is an ongoing and especially frustrating challenge for those of us with logical minds. At least I closed my exercise ring.





No comments:

Post a Comment