Sunday, September 15, 2013

Certified Organic Irony


I do love irony, especially when it’s unintentional. 
The organic movement is certainly on the upswing. When we pay more for our organic products we do so out of concern for not only our health but, ostensibly, the health of the planet. And surely second-hand organic smoke must be good for all of us!
So I was unbelievably (as in “I can't believe you believe this”) excited when I just read what I suppose the marketers viewed as a compelling advertisement for the latest product in the certified organic line: tobacco! Presumably this will improve the users’ health, because everything organic is better, right? I can hardly wait to start smoking cigarettes, now that there’s a certified organic version available!



No comments:

Post a Comment