Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Quick Look Back

There are any number of conclusions you can draw from this. I’m just throwing out a little information of no particular importance (actually none, to me) and you can take it for what it’s worth or what you paid for it (which might well be same).
While filling up at the gas station ($3.59 per gallon, by the way and apropos of nothing) I saw signage for beer: $1.39. That triggered a memory of when I was a beginning teacher (1973) moonlighting at Skagg’s in their liquor department. Beer was then also $1.29 or $1.39. Of course, that was for a six-pack, not a single can. After taxes and other expenses, I probably made enough per hour to buy one of those six-packs for each hour I worked. The job DID improve my basic math skills, though.
Make of this what you will. Just a piece of whimsy.



1 comment: