Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Neat" Kids


Aug 21, '10 8:45 AM
for everyone
I just received an e-mail this morning from the father of one of my softball players. After apologizing in advance if he was butting in he went on to tell me some things he hoped would be helpful about his daughter.

What I'm going to tell him when I see him is that I always enjoy talking, working with, being with parents who obviously like their child(ren). I believe almost all parents love their children, as best they can and in their own, often incompetent, ways. Almost all parents want to be proud of their children.

But those who clearly like them, who obviously think they have a "neat" kid, well, those are fewer and farther between. Which is why the "neat" adults those kids become are also too rare a commodity.

3 comments:

  1. Kateyroo wrote on Jun 12

    I seem to find this oddly familiar...(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob Berndt wrote on Jun 12

      Perhaps. But it's a compliment. Be proud. Also, note the date (almost 2 years ago).

      Delete
    2. Kateyroo wrote on Jun 14

      John Wylie strikes again!

      Delete