Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sign War 10/6/08

Blog EntryOct 6, '08 11:25 PM
for everyone
I'm under no illusions that putting an Obama sign in my yard is going to change a single vote, anymore than my neighbor putting out her McCain-Palin sign will (although I'd have to think carefully about voting the same way as someone with a yard decoration that's a concrete lion looking like it is suffering from constipation).

Had she kept her signage in her own front yard I would have refrained from the game. But when she put up two and one is in her side yard that's on our side of the driveway, well, that's war. I don't want any casual driver thinking I could ever vote for that ticket.

I'm waiting for my sign as I write. I wonder if I could get it supersized...

1 comment:

  1. Yerri Kung wrote on Oct 7, '08

    LOL...Go get 'em, Bob. You're in a battleground state, after all. Don't let your neighbor get by with that! Having the luxury of living in a "blue" state, albeit in a red neighborhood, I haven't put up any signage. I'll have to rethink, however, if my Republican upstairs neighbors decide to post their support. Of course, that could lead to the end of playdates between our two sons...

    ReplyDelete